Jeffrey McConnell, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon with the Spine Center of Excellence at OAA Orthopaedic Specialists. He specializes in pediatric spinal deformity (scoliosis), minimally invasive spine surgery techniques, and cervical disc replacement.
Dr. McConnell is a member of a number of professional organizations, including SOLAS (Society of Lateral Access Surgery), North American Spine Society, AOSpine International, Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society, American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, International Society for the Advancement of Spinal Surgery, Pennsylvania Medical Society, and the American Medical Association.
In addition to his work as a surgeon, Dr. McConnell has published numerous peer-reviewed articles; and has also presented his research at a number of international conferences.
- Fellowship at Centre for Spinal Studies and Surgery; University of Nottingham, Queens Medical Centre
- Fellowship at University of Maryland Hospital
- Residency at Geisinger Medical Center
- Medical degree, Jefferson Medical College
- Bachelors’ degree, Bucknell University
- Leadership Award, U.S. Navy Officer Indoctrination School
- Geisinger Physicians Recognition Award
- AMA Physicians Recognition Award