Meet Dr. Christopher Ames, MD
Dr. Ames is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with the UCSF Spine Center.
He provides expert care for a wide range of back and neck conditions, designed to get you healthy and mobile. Dr. Ames has deep expertise in treating complex spinal deformities and spinal tumors.
Dr. Ames at a Glance
- Dr. Ames is world renowned for his work in spine tumor, deformity, and scoliosis: publishing hundreds of peer-reviewed articles, lecturing internationally, and chairing courses on advanced spinal tumor and deformity techniques.
- He was named to San Francisco Magazine's "Top Doctors" list (2015-2016).
Dr. Ames is available to discuss your options for care.
Dr. Ames is a member of UCSF Spine Center.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Christopher Ames, MD Can Help You
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Thoracic spine disorders
- Lower Back Surgery
- Neck Surgery
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Upper Back Surgery
Accolades for Dr. Christopher Ames, MD
- Assistant Professor in Residence of Neurological Surgery
- Director of Spine Tumor Surgery
- Director of Spinal Deformity Surgery
- Director of Spine Tumor and Deformity Fellowship Program
- Co-director, Spinal Surgery and UCSF Spine Center
- Director, Spinal Biomechanics Laboratory
- Fellowship in Neurosurgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, 2002
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine
- Board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Christopher Ames, MD
Profile last updated: October 11, 2017. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.