Meet Dr. Sigurd Berven, MD
Dr. Berven is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with the UCSF Spine Center.
He performs cutting-edge surgical procedures for adult and children alike, providing care for spinal deformities, degenerative spine conditions, spinal tumors, and spinal trauma.
Dr. Berven at a Glance
- He applies advanced, minimally invasive spine surgery techniques.
- Dr. Berven is conducting research on biological regeneration of spinal components, including the intervertebral disc.
Consider Dr. Berven for your spine care.
Dr. Berven is a member of UCSF Spine Center.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Sigurd Berven, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Thoracic spine disorders
- Lower Back Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Neck Surgery
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Upper Back Surgery
Accolades for Dr. Sigurd Berven, MD
- 2000-Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco
- 1999: Chief Resident, Orthopaedic Surgery, Children's Hospital, Boston, MA
- Fellowship, Spine Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco
- UCSF Orthopaedic Surgery: Compassionate Physician Award - 2007
- Spine Arthroplasty Society: Best Paper Award - 2005
- ABC Travelling Fellow: AOA - 2005
- Harvard Orthopaedic Program Outcomes Research Award -1999
- Moseley Research Fellowship for Research in Basic Science - 1996
- Cave Research Fellowship - 1996
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Research Society
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- National Scoliosis Foundation
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- International Society for Surgery of the Lumbar Spine
- Board certified, Orthopaedic Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Sigurd Berven, MD
Profile last updated: October 11, 2017. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.