Your Guide to
Endoscopic Spine Surgery
Advancements in spine care, such as endoscopic spine surgery,
have helped many patients progress on the journey to pain relief.
If you experience chronic back pain, endoscopic spine surgery
may hold the potential to restore you to everyday functionality and productivity.
What is Endoscopic Spine Surgery?
Endoscopic spine surgery is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that utilizes a tubular device equipped with a camera, a light, and a channel for slender surgical instruments to pass through.
Advantages of Endoscopic Spine Surgery
In an endoscopic procedure, surgeons gain useful visual access to the surgical site. Surgeons use the enhanced view to more precisely leverage surgical instruments, performing operations with pinpoint accuracy.
As a minimally invasive technique, endoscopic spine surgery also features these potential benefits:
Less Blood Loss
Less Trauma to Muscles
Shorter Hospital Stay
Quicker Recovery Time
Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy
- This procedure is performed when a disc herniation is pressing against your nerve roots, causing pain (often in your legs).
- Assisted by endoscopic guidance, the surgeon is able to enter through a small incision in the midline of your back, gently bring your nerve roots to the side, and precisely extract the herniated disc material.
- This surgery is to address a nerve root pinched by bone overgrowth, causing pain in your lower back, legs, or buttocks.
- Relying on enhanced visuals to navigate between muscles and avoid disruption of other spine structures, the surgeon carefully relieves pressure by enlarging the space surrounding the nerve root.
Endoscopic Facet Rhizotomy
- When you have chronic back pain, and haven’t found lasting relief through non-surgical treatments, sometimes this procedure is considered.
- With endoscopic guidance, the surgeon locates the nerve roots, and uses a laser to accurately sever the nerve roots, thereby terminating the pain signals.
Endoscopic Lumbar Laminotomy
- This surgery aims to relieve nerve roots in your lower back that are painfully compressed by bone spurs or other surrounding ligaments.
- The surgeon utilizes the endoscopic technology in order to precisely remove the materials putting pressure on your nerves, without damaging surrounding muscles.
Looking for Endoscopic Spine Surgery Experts?
If you’re thinking through endoscopic spine surgery, you want to discuss treatment plans with specially trained and highly experienced physicians that have a proven track record performing the procedure.
Atlantic Spine Center is considered by many to be a leader in the advancement of endoscopic spine surgery. Here’s why:
The center’s team of surgeons and supporting staff possess a deep and robust expertise in endoscopic spine surgery, utilizing cutting-edge techniques that minimize impact on the body, maximize success rates, and speed up recovery times.
The center’s president and chief surgeon, Dr. Liu, is an internationally recognized orthopedic spine specialist, medical school professor, sought-after conference speaker, and advocate of the benefits of endoscopic spine surgery.
Atlantic Spine Center’s passion is to understand and alleviate your pain. Working closely with each patient, the center’s physicians offer individually tailored solutions aimed to provide lasting relief.
I must say truly that the Atlantic Spine Center really helped me with my pain and movements. I am so thankful for their great respect and careful treatments and also taking the time out to explain whats going on and to address the solutions.
The entire staff is wonderful and very caring about their patients and the doctors certainly know all about back problems. In September 2015 Dr. Praveen Kadimcherla operated on my back. At the time I could barely walk because of the pain from my sciatic nerve being compressed. After Dr. K performed the operation I am delighted to say all of the pain from the nerve compression is gone! I cannot thank him enough.
I was referred to Atlantic Spine Center by three very helpful associates, Jorge, Kyle and Candy. They informed me about a free seminar that described endoscopic spine surgery. The presentation was incredibly professional and informational. Nobody seemed to push their surgery, but instead wanted me to take the best course of action to relieve my back pain, which included diet and exercise. In all, a very nice and friendly practice and I will absolutely recommend Dr. Liu and his team to anyone with back problems.
I have seen great improvements from my initial visit until now. The staff is extremely informative & patient. I would & have recommended this center to friends & family.