Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Help please..Complete loss of cervical lordosis after level 2 ACDF with 2 cages

Please, is there anyone out there who has a similar problem? I am 9 months post op - ACDF 2 levels C5-C7 - two stand alone cages. After 4 months I felt great. Cutting it short, bad case of physio, latest MRI which shows 'complete loss of cervical lordosis' slight compression from 2 cages, compression from discs above c3 c4 and narrowing of foramen c5 c6 on left hand side. ALL symptoms have returned after being pain free for 4 months. Neurosurgeon says my symptoms are nothing to do with my surgery and MRI results. (Pain in neck, shoulder, elbow, pins & needles, loss of strength).

Is there anyone else with anything like this. I'm debating a second opinion., although it is incredibly difficult here, especially as I can't travel far (I live in France). Allergic to most meds, they have started me on SCENAR electrotherapy. Would be really really great to hear from anyone with something similar, or any thoughts. Feeling like I am going cray. Any bounce off would be wonderful. Thank you :)

advertisement

Comments

• Thank you olderthandirt :) Just a little support goes such a long way.

• nisarg52nnisarg52 Posts: 1
    edited 12/19/2017 - 2:16 AM

Hey Nisarg here

I am suffering from 3 cervical disc herniation with cervical loss of lordosis.

My doctor(neurologist and spine surgeon) prescribed me medicine by which my reflection of nerve compression is gone. They said that my muscles are becomes very tight and rigid so that I cannot see upward and always in pain during sleeping time. They prescribed 45 day medicine and physiotherapy session.

Today is my 25th day and I have still in pain more I wear cervical collar and hoping that my symptoms not get worse .

I am looking for cupping therapy and will take session of cupping therapy on 11th January. [edit]

Edited by Liz, Spine-health Moderator removed medical advice

• advertisement
  • Hi Pebbet,

So you had C5-C7 fused and now C3-C4 is bulging, and C5-6 left foramen is narrowing. All your symptoms have returned. You might ask your doc why he fused you if that wasn't the cause of your symptoms.

It is not uncommon for adjacent disks to degenerate after a fusion, but foramen narrowing at C5-6 seems odd since it is fused, it is fused?? but I am not a doctor.

It is hard to get a second opinion where you live. Germany is closer to you than it is to me, and I think they have some of the best spine surgeons in the world. Just my non-professional opinion.

Good luck,

RonB

• Pebbet, I’m 3 years post op C-5 through C-7 ( unsuccessful) fusion and show abnormal lordosis as well. Latest MRI showed deterioration of C-4 and C-8 so when the hardware starts failing, the surgeon will go posterior and do C-4 through C-8. Old symptoms have returned as well as some new ones lol so I know it’s a matter of time. I feel your frustration and definitely would get a 2nd opinion!

advertisement