Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Day 1 complete post 2 level ACDF

well first night home after surgery yesterday at 12:30. I'm in pain and discomfort which is expected. I was lucky Surgeon didn't need my hip bone as my bone spur was large enough to grind up and use. I tried to mentally prepare myself for the sore throat issue hahaha. My hubby reminds me to take it one day at time well that's all you can do. I know this will soon pass. Not sure what else to really say except I'm happy I comments on this forum

advertisement

Comments

• What levels did you have done? What was your diagnosis pre-surgery? How long were you in the hospital? It sounds like you were in and out. Pain management can be really important - what are you doing for that? Are you in a collar? These are the sort of questions that will help us share our experiences and learn from yours. GL!

• @chadzwife06 you seem to be doing pretty well! What surgery did you have? I see they did a graft? So a fusion? I hate the sore throat after surgery from the breathing tube! Or did you have a cervical fusion? More information will help people to post. We are happy you're here!!

Spinal Health Moderator

Retrolisthesis C4 of C5 and C5 of C6
    Spondylolthesis C5/C6
    Disc protrusions with Annular Tears C3/C4, C4/C5, and C5/C6
    Disc Material Compressing Spinal Cord C3/C4
    Severe Forminal Stenosis C5/C6
    DDD
    Ankylosing Spondylitis
    Annular Tears L3/L4 and L5/S1
    Enlarged Facet Joints/Facet Anthrosis L3/L4/L5
    PLIF with Rods, Cage, and Pedicle Screws-L4/L5
  • advertisement
  • I would like to jump into this discussion if I may. I has a C4-C6 fusion on Dec 19, 2017. Merry Christmas to me. Today is the 23rd. I have some pain but it’s mild. Is it reasonable to come off the Percoset? Can I use a heating pad?

• Jersey girl, your thinking ahead which is great! If you can tolerate the pain, then by all means stop the Percocet! Heating pad is good, just don’t sleep with it on. Another idea is take a damp towel, put it in the microwave for a minute and you’ll get a moist heat! Hang in their and we’re glad to hear your doing better!

advertisement