Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C 2 cervical spinal cord injury has anyone have this and can still walk

I broke my neck in 2013,I have a C 2 injury, I am very fortunate I can still walk and do most things,

I am in pain and other problems, I was wondering if anyone has a similar injury.?

I would love to talk more in depth with someone that has a injury like mine.

Just to discuss similar problems we have.

Take care and God bless

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Mikethepike

I recognised your username from 2013/2014. I do not have a similar injury but just wanted to say, welcome back and hi.

Sorry to hear you are still in pain and hope you are getting support with that.

I had my first surgery in Jan 2014 and my third in June 2017, so I am progressing through the years with Spine-health and members.

I have just had another physio session yesterday and a few more exercises added on to bring home with me. A rest day today! :-)

Take care and hope you find some members to share experiences with

AJ

AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • just a note, im fused from c0 to c7, had a broken c2 and c1 plus a bunch of other nastiness, but have been very fortunate in most of the problems i had (other than spelling ) have either been solve or reduced by the fusion surgery, im two years out now and doing well. dealing with all the problems caused by spinal injuries as high up as yours seems to require a lot of self searching to reach some sort of plan forward. everything from pain management to how to live with the associated problems caused by the injury. lots of horror stories out there but lots of successful resolution also. Don't know if i can give any insight to what you are experiencing but take a quick look at some of my postings and hopefully you may see something you can use, take care piperbill

• advertisement
  • Hello,

I've had a fusion and plate on C3 two years ago. Spinal cord damage affects my walking, particularly right leg. also affects my arms, particularly left arm. I have very little sensory input from my body. on my skin I have no pain or temperature perception. I am physically weak and on the verge of giving up. I can't see a good ending to all this. I have a degenerative disorder that will require further surgery. I am 63 and was forced into retirement because of this. Hopefully you've had a one-off accident and your future will be brighter.

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 363

Thank you guys for your replies, Rick I am 63 also this has been very tough, finally I have found

A couple people now similar to me, I have the same problem with temperature perception I do not Sweat at all,

I do have a lot of nerve pain, and basically all my muscles have stiffness. I have been to several doctors and feel like,,

Hey ping-pong ball, bouncing From one to the other. I'll probably send you some personal messages, maybe together

We can figure something out .

Also I have a problem with sleeping with covers even sheets at times so I have to keep the heat up high in the house .

Take care keep in touch and God bless, Mike in Michigan

Do either of you have a weak stomach muscles or back muscles, and do you have a

Heaviness feeling that feels like your head is being pulled down? I am on 2400 mg gabapentin,

Klonopin .5 milligrams twice a Day. I have a baclofen pump also set at 280 µg, Also take oxycodone and

Norco up to 50 mg a day total. You guys have a nice day, Like I said you can personal message me if you want.

Take care and God bless

• advertisement

Hi, Rick,

Do you. Go to physical therapy, I think it helps

Me more mentally than physically. Gets you out of the house

And someone new to talk to .

Hi. Rick,

Do you have any muscle tightness at all?q

• All my muscles are weak. i feel like i have weights pulling me down 24/7. It's nerve damage to the musculature. when i stand or walk for awhile i get lower back pain. i can walk but i look like a 90 year old man.

I sent you a personal message

• I get muscle tightness but usually it is cramps in my legs. gabapentin helps my cramps but affects my alertness and mobility so I try not to take too much. I did physical therapy initially but i haven't done any in over a year. when i last tried to exercise some i was so sore i am afraid to do much anymore

I have tight muscles in my trunk area, stomach and lower back. I was wondering if anyone else has it in that area. Rick I have that same feeling, like a heaviness pulling down on me. Just like you mentioned A weighted vest. It's weird when I think about it, it seems heavier. I try to do the mind over matter. Take care God bless

advertisement