Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Sharp twinges in scar area 6 months after ACDF C6-C7 surgery

After my surgery on 5-5-17 I started having sharp twinges in my incision area. Few months later I was still getting them and asked my neurosurgeon if it was muscle spasms and he said possibly. After a while I was getting them only once or twice a week even got woke up from it once. Over the last week I've got them a few times and today 11-27-17 been constant on and off for almost 6 hours. It is a very sharp poking feeling and makes me put my hand up to my neck right away. I have to squeeze or massage the area gently to try to get it to stop. Hurts sometimes enough where I say out loud stop stop stop or ow ow ow. Thinking instead of muscle spams that it is something with the nerves in that area of my scar. Has anyone else had this happen?

advertisement

Comments

• I just had surgery 12/4/17 ACDF C/6 C/7, The last couple of days I've started having those stinging sensations originating at my scar also. I'm thinking nerve pain.

Have you called your Dr. or surgeon? I am considering calling tomorrow.

I had a different surgery this past July and dealt with extreme nerve pain- it's almost gone now. But, I do not want to develop nerve pain with this surgery. It's horrible.

Your surgeon may have a pain Dr. to help you with this!

• I talked with my neurosurgeon on the 19th. Had an appointment for on going issues. He said the twinges are nerve endings. May or may not completely go away.

• advertisement
  • I talked with my neurosurgeon on the 19th. Had an appointment for on going issues. He said the twinges are nerve endings. May or may not completely go away.