Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Total Spinal Fusion

Hi, I am a 55 yr old female and ha a TOTAL spinal fusion on 2/9/16. My entire spine is "metal". I was cut from my head to butt. After 4 surgeries in 3 months I am now unable to bend, twist, basically anything but straight. It is awful and still extremely painful. Has anyone else had this extent of surgery? Oh yeah my spine is fused to my pelvic bones to stabilize it even further. I am looking for recommendations on what to do for pain, exercise, anything that will make my life better. My neck feels like it is being squeezed constantly. Thanks for letting me rant!

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 8,904

Hello mickeydena

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice. So no responses should be taken as recommendations but opinions only.

Please click on the link for useful information Welcome to Spine-Health

All new members should take the System Tutorial

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Hi Mickey -- I am new here. All I can say is WOW! What were you diagnosed with that you needed a fully new spine? Kudos to you -- I am petrified thinking about a fusion.

• advertisement
  • I have SEVERE osteoporosis from prednisone use. My spine was so bad that I was shaped like a 7. I had to hold my head up to look straight. As far as the fusion - DONT - I would not do it again. Life sucks because of it.

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 274

@mickeydena - Are you working with any pain management doctor? Is a pain pump or spinal cord stimulator an option?

advertisement