Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Help and advice

Hi. I have recently been diagnosed with a bulged disc in the neck and cervical spinal stenosis . I am having awful pain constantly with tense muscle from left to right(more so on the left hand side where the disc is bulging) I also have awful pain in my shoulder. Which radiates down my arm to my hand thumb and fingers.I take gabapenthen 400mg 3 times a day. I was taking naproxin but the stomach cramps and heartburn was more painful than the muscular problems.It's been 5 months since I felt pain. I have had PT 4 times and nothing has helped it' getting more painful. Just wanted to hear off anyone else who is going through a similar problem.. thanks

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,437

Danika1976
    Welcome to Spine-Health

During these past 5 months, what is your doctor saying? Have you talked to him about what options you might have or what is his plan for you? Something else you might want to think about is a second opinion.

While you are waiting on other members to reply, please click on the Welcome link below and the Tutorial for more information.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my Medical History
  • Have you been seeing a doctor for these last five months? If so, you better try for a second opinion or a completely different doctor. You might need to see a neurosurgeon for possible cervical surgery. Please let us know how you are doing.

• advertisement
  • Danica, I too struggled with the anti inflammatory meds as I have a history with a sensitive stomach. I have to take Prilosec before taking any of those meds, even norcos. This is why I prefer the Tramadol. It does not completely get rid of the pain, but it makes it manageable and does not affect my tummy at all. We are all a little different.

I had similar symptoms as you and also did everything I could to avoid surgery. Unfortunately I did need surgery to get the symptoms under control. I would give PT a little more time and really do your best to listen to their direction if you want to avoid surgery. I think I tried 12 sessions. I had awesome PTs, but it just wasn’t enough for me. But five months is a long time to be in this pain so second and third opinions may be the best route to take. If PT makes it worse then talk to your doc about that too.

Keep us all posted.