Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spinal Cord Stimulator

I had my spinal cord stimulator implanted on July 23, 2017. At first the pain was just surgical, then once the scar tissue started to form we made some adjustments, but now I am so confused some days absolutely no pain and others the pain is just like before the implant. I go back to my doctor on Thursday, I was hoping to be able to be off pain medication altogether, but that is not going to be possible. Does anyone have similar experience or advice. It would be so greatly appreciated.

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 8,904

Hello fiddle_d

Please click on the link for useful information Welcome to Spine-Health

All new members should take the System Tutorial

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,432

Hi fiddle_d!!

One thing you might want to do is keep a journal to take with you at your doctor's appointment. This will show him when you are pain free and what you are doing but also when the pain spikes and what you were doing. It's hard for them to understand just "it hurts sometime".
    I had a SCS a few years ago but had to have it removed because I had too much nerve damage. But I had kept a journal and it helped with our decision.
    Keep in touch, let us know after your appointment.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Which SCS unit did you get? I originally had a Medtronic's unit, and couldn't take the constant parastesia. Plus, I needed something with a higher frequency. Now we are in the process of testing and finding the right program for me. I do believe that I am on my way. I am praying that we will find the right frequency soon.

God Bless You All !!!

Malena

• Thank you both, I will keep the journal and pray for us all.

advertisement