Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

need help

.i went to a pain doctor.well i was 3 months on me pee test with no pills.....well the thing is i told him that i have been sick with real bad female propblems.well that did it help me.so now i stop going to see him,he would only give me injection and i had already had 7 in over 3 year's.never worked for me.so i need to know if i go to a new one would that be bad on my record for them to see me.because i am sure the new pain docs will have to have my account papers from them.

advertisement

Comments

• I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.

• when i had to take the peee test everytime i went.there was 3 times i did not have meds in my test.i had a very bad female problem and for 3 months i was sick on and off alot.i threw up alot.....now that i had no piils in me 3 times the doctor won't give me no pills.he will only do injection now.so i stopped going.but i really need to get to a new pain doctor.i was wondering with this that happened to me would it be bad for me to try to find a new pain doctor?

• advertisement
  • You should go to your PCP and explain the situation. If you can’t take your meds you should always give a heads-up to your doctor that you’re not taking them and explain why. That way they won’t be shocked by the results of your urine screen.

We only get scripts monthly and if we try a new medication it’s understandable side effects may prove too severe to continue taking it. So, in the future (regardless of the reason) it’s best to get out front and explain the reason why you are not taking your scripts.

If your PCP is a woman (given your reasoning for not taking meds) you may receive a more sympathetic reaction. And she may be willing to refer you to a new pain doctor. Hard to say.

Sounds like your pain doc has a three strikes and you’re out policy. Technically you’re not out, though, because he’ll still provide injections. But you’re out in the sense he appears to no longer be willing to prescribe opioids.

Hope this suggestion proves helpful.

• hi,i told my pain doctor and he did not care.i found out i might have cervical cancer.that's why i have been sick for months and throwing up.we told the doctor and he said you did not have no meds in your urine test for 3 months,then we told him again.it's like we was talking to a wall or something.....

but i need to find someone new.but will it be a problem for me to try to find someone new?

• It could be hard finding someone new. All you can do is try. Many people get second chances; however, your potential new pain doctor will have access to any infractions documented by your current pain doctor.

Best place to start is with your family doctor, in my opinion. Explain what happened and why. Since you didn’t get dismissed your family doctor may not be willing to grant a referral. That would create a scenario where you have two pain doctors.

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,432

sheilababy
    Welcome to Spine-Health

I am trying to sort this out, what you are trying to get at. You've gotten some very good advice from L4_L5 but are you wanting your PM doctor to prescribe opiods or not?
    We are all willing to help you but we need to understand what's going on.

Please click on the Welcome link below for more information on the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my Medical History
  • If you weren't taking the meds because you were vomiting, then you should have been able to show the Dr you still had them and that would have explained why you tested negative . But not for 3 months in a row. If you were vomiting so much why didn't the Dr you were seeing for your female problems give you something for the nausea.

As far the medications go, failing a urine test once is usually grounds for dismissal, let alone 3 times. It will probably be very difficult to find a doctor willing to prescribe opiates for quite awhile.

The. good news is that meds are just one small aspect of managing pain, and there are lots of other options.

advertisement