Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Naproxen / antiinflammatory drug.

Does anybody take this i started this today and wondered if anybody else takea it and it it helped

Thank you

advertisement

Comments

• I took it for a shoulder injury and it did work. It does not even scratch the paint on my back or neck pain.

Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • If your pain is arthritic in nature then Naproxen has a good chance to alleviate discomfort. It probably won’t help pain caused by a herniated disc, however.

• advertisement
  • My pain is sciatic and in worst really dull sort of pain

• I don't want to recommend for you to take or stop taking this medicine.

You can try heat/ice therapy on the lower back/butt area for starters.

• I've taken naproxen for a long time. I find as you can only take it twice a day, the effects wears off and then you take another. I use it with paracetomol. The other combo I find works better is ibuprofen and paracetomol as you can take it together every 4 hours. Seems to give a more consistent pain relief for me personally.

• advertisement
  • Yes I think I will try heat pack

• Naproxen is a really good over the counter medication. I've found it to work pretty good, especially when the weather makes a huge change. As with any anti-inflammatory, if you have a heart condition, speak with your doctor before starting it.

Keith

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • jonisingt35rjjonisingt35r Posts: 165
    edited 12/14/2017 - 10:00 AM

Hi Keith do you think its better than ibuprofen?.

Thanks

• My stepdad swears by Percogesic (not to be confused with Percocet). Percogesic is specially formulated for back pain and is OTC. It’s been around since the 1960s or 1970s but most stores don’t carry it.

One type of Percogesic is for migraines (don’t investigate that one unless your problem is headaches). The other variety targets back pain.

Cheapest place for it is w***g***ns.com. Due to rules I can’t post the pharmacy name.

• Jon - For me Naproxen works better than Ibuprofen, but each person's body metabolizes medication differently.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
advertisement