Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Neck pain! Shoulder pain! Arm pain!

My symptoms are getting worse day after day! I see the neurosurgeon January 3rd and I’m hoping I can make it through the holidays.

Symptoms:

* dizzy sensations when turning head or looking up or down

* ice pick pains in right side of head

*shoulder pain that radiates down right arm

*neck spasms

*pain between shoulder blades

*chronic popping upper right side of neck

I’m currently taking 1800 mg of gabapentin, muscle relaxer and tramadol to try to manage pain, but it’s not helping. Why does it take so long to get into a neurosurgeon is the noble prize question? In the mean time, I’m praying for strength and God to get me through this. I feel like I’m falling apart.

Sad in Texas☹️

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Carla,

I got the same Christmas blues right about now, but it was two years ago. "Falling apart" describes the feeling perfectly. Did you get a cervical MRI yet? If not, I suggest you get one before the neuro appt., even if you have to pay for it. The medical waiting game is not one you want to play right now. Think of the MRI as an early Xmas present to yourself.

If you already have an MRI, you can start researching your options so you will be armed and ready for the consultation.

Hope you find some relief soon,

RonB

• Hi Carla,

I looked at your past posts and it seems you already had an MRI. If it is more than a few months old a fresher one might still be advisable. A difference of a few millimeters can change the prescription from "suck it up" to "your surgery is booked for next week".

Good luck,

Ronb

• advertisement
  • Ronb, thank you so much for you help! I really appreciate someone replying to my post. Yes, I have a MRI that is 6 months old and I’m actually getting a second opinion with a neurosurgeon as my neck problem is high upper cervical. (C2-3) also my symptoms have progressed in other areas in my neck. I have severe facet joint pain and my head continues to ache. I’m just praying that I can have the proper treatment and if surgery is the only option I have, then I will put my trust in God and my surgeon. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and blessings for health.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi Carla,

I have exact same symptoms. Told I should have surgery by one doc, and told not to have surgery by another doc? Anyway, I just wanted you to know your not alone.

• advertisement
advertisement