Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

spine doc gave ibuprofen

• We're not supposed to post as medical professionals. Speaking from a nurse's viewpoint you are a doctor's worst nightmare. I know chronic pain changes your entire life, but that attitude will get you nowhere.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
  • Thanks rll54, that sounds rough. But it's interesting how much I hear about drugs with off-label uses here meaning Cymbalta, Lyrica, Gabapentin, etc. Something to keep in mind.

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,365

The quote button was not part of the Vanilla Forum software. However, it still works as it has before.

1. Copy a portion of text that you want to use in your quote
    2. Use the BBC code [function=membername]
    3. Paste the text
    4. End the BBC code with its normal [/function]

wired said:

Still looking for that "quote" button here...

*** Note: The function would be replaced by the BBCode quote and have the appropriate [start] and [/end] tags

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: [email protected]
  • Having delt with chronic pain in general for a long time, you are most likely going to be started out on NSAIDS and not opioids/narcotics. When I first started pain management, I was on Mobic. It didn't do anything for me but literally make me sick. If you aren't in pain management, you most likely are only going to get NSAIDS or something similar like Tramadol or a very low dose of Gabapentin but will always be started with 600-800mg or Ibuprofen. Usually if you start suggesting narcotics, that is the quickest way to not get anything for pain because you will be seen as an addict. Also generally stuff like Oxycontin is only given for very sever pain like for cancer patients and similar.