Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Can't find cause of the pain

Hello everyone. I'm 23 years old male. I have lower back and leg pain for 2 years. It became really serious during the last 4 months. I had MRI 2 times and they said that everything is normal, but pain is there. It's not sharp pain, instead dull. I can't sleep properly because of it, can't stand in the same position for long, can't walk too much. Pain radiates to my buttocks area and both of my legs. It changes, sometimes left and sometimes right leg. I have some kind of inactive life, most of the day I have to sit down in the same position because of my job. I'm not overweighted. My pain is worse at the night. I tried lots of exercises but didn't help. Doctors say I have nothing to worry about. What should I do? What can be cause? Thanks

advertisement

Comments

• Hello Javid,

You mentioned the pain gets worse at night. Does it go away when you lay down in bed? Don't give up.. I hope you find the answers you need to feel better! Let us know how it goes :)

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,437

Hello Javid!
    Welcome to Spine Health

Making and find a diagnosis for back pain, sometime, is hard. You really need a doctor that will do some digging.
    Below is an article you might want to read, may at least answer some of your questions.
    When there is no cure for your aching back

Please click on the Welcome link below as well as the Tutorial for information on the forum.

Welcome to Spine Health

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my Medical History
  • advertisement
  • MarWinMarWin OhioPosts: 428

My sciatica started the same way. Started dull (this is the first signal to take action - I now know). Jumping back and forth from leg to leg. Finally it settled on my right leg. From there it continued to escalate in both symptoms and intensity. You are on to something when you say you sit and are inactive....thinking that may have something to do with your condition. Inactivity is not good on any level (my opinion). Do your best to get up and move around every 15 - 20 minutes. Start getting yourself properly hydrated as well. Keep searching and good luck!

• Sounds like the beginning of a disc issue but just a guess. Have you tried any type of spinal decompression or traction? Sometimes perfect MRI's have issues and sometimes awful looking MRI's have no pain at all. Good luck and I hope you get some answers soon. I saw 3 different doctors before my pain was fixed so if you are not happy with your first doctor get another opinion.

advertisement