Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm in isolation, advice with just staying in bed

Hello

I keep going back to bed because I'm more cumftable there if I get my legs into bed i m sure it is reducing my pain, I'm also using a pillow on my hip area sometimes in in no pain I'm not laying down list sitting up trying to get a good posture

And heating up my other hip as well, I've treed everything out there I'm just trying to get as comftable as I can is this bad?

advertisement

Comments

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 363

I am not a doctor, but I know in my case try to stay out of bed. I feel I lay in bed to watch TV is more comfortable but it's better to be moving more than laying. If you can I suggest get up during commercials. I know what you are Going through

• I soppose sounds stupid but I'm.kinda asking for permission to stay I'm bed I know it does help me with pain

• advertisement
  • sandi123ssandi123 Posts: 474
    edited 12/11/2017 - 3:01 PM

I explained to you the reasons why it is not helpful to lay in bed, and what it does to your endurance, your physical tolerance to pain, and increases your feeling of isolation.

Not judging you, but I get the impression you are severely depressed on top of the high levels of anxiety you have displayed.

You can create a self perpetuating cycle of disability, incapacity, and dependence on others to care for you. It seems from your posts that this is a big part of what might be occurring.

MILLIONS of us have lived full, productive lives with ongoing sciatica, as well as other spine issues. We work, take care of children, shop, attend to other family and social responsibilities.

I strongly encourage you to perhaps consider therapy, and a discussion with your primary about the possibility that depression and anxiety could be playing a big role in your condition and inactivity.

PLEASE don't take anything as a criticism, because it's not. It's just an observation, based on what you post that leads me to think that depression might be behind your sense of helplessness.

• jonisingt35rjjonisingt35r Posts: 165
    edited 12/11/2017 - 3:17 PM

I've had many many years of pain and tryed everything, believe me

I know sitting I'm a position is not good

I'm pretty good at the moment because I'm very warm, when I am warm my pain really lessens, i used to think it was just me but lots of people suffer less when in warmer cliames

I know I am very very anxious sandy,

I just feel like when I can think streigt like at the moment, because I'm in little pain.

I feel like just getting in bed and just taking what pain is given to me.

Because I just can't function properly i can't look aftermyself. I've tryed for years to hide the pain and pretend to me and others its not there

Maby I'm depressed I take depression pills, I'm severe pain sandy.

I do try to keep moving but when your I'm horific pain its very very hard, I know in my case sitting and doing nothing doesn't make it worse it really doesn't

• I'm in the same position Jon, I feel you on what you are saying. You seem like a kind gentleman, I know what you are dealing with even though I'm young. My anxiety is through the roof (11/10) stabbing pain when I miss a step! It sucks more than anyone knows but I never meant for this injury to happen and I try to hope for the best and I'm grateful everyday because it could be worse or I could be gone. You don't have to hide your pain, instead embrace it because it's a battle you overcame and wisdom acquired even though it's hard sometimes! I hope everyone has a peaceful and brighter day. Godbless everyone!

ThoracicFire

• advertisement
  • jonisingt35rjjonisingt35r Posts: 165
    edited 12/12/2017 - 4:19 AM

Yes angsiety is just horrible I cry.

I wish there was a pill that helped with it

• Thank you thoracic

• Do you have access to a hot tub? If warmth helps you feel better, perhaps you could mention that to your doctor. Depending on insurance, they may be able to get you to a therapy pool. Its called aqua therapy and out of all the treatment I went through, it by far helped me more than anything. The water is in the 90's and then after treatment, you get in a 104 degree hot tub to totally relax your muscles. I felt like a noodle after that but my pain level was also reduced.

As tough as it can be, try to find one thing that you want to accomplish during your day. It doesn't have to be a big project. Heck, it can be just going to the kitchen to get an apple. But, make one task a goal for everyday. After you start getting that done each day, add one other task each day. Go slow so that you don't hurt yourself, but self accomplishment can raise your spirits better than any medication can do.

Keep your head up!!!

Keith

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Hi Keith

I'm from the uk yes I do have one task I take out the dog as much as I can, its funny hot baths showers don't really do anything. Really,

• Agree 110% with EMS hot water allows more blood flow to the muscles. This is a good way to relax your muscles if they are feeling tight and cramped.

advertisement