Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm in isolation, advice with just staying in bed

advertisement

Comments

• jonisingt35rjjonisingt35r Posts: 165
    edited 12/13/2017 - 4:46 AM

I think I'm finding putting my legs under a.blanket helps I think.

Also I put a pillow behind by lower back and in bed and a pillow on top of my hip.

I've just started.to do this not sure I'm hope its helpimg.

I soppose heat in the area of pain should calm things down

edited 12/17/2017 - 7:20 AM

Well I'm spending more time in bed not laying down

Just warming up my legs which is helping withy pain just really worried keeping my legs permiantly warm will cause a long term damage, I'm sure I have circulation problems as I never seem.to be able to warm up the bottom half of my legs they never seem to get warm

Wonder what anybody thinks?

Thank you

• advertisement
  • Just a FYI, in Florida and Texas, You can get a Hot tub or mattress Tax Free with a Drs Prescription. No Tax can save you thousands!

• Hello David I'm from the UK :)

• Jonisingt, Sandra gave you some invaluable advice! Please give your MD a call.! Staying in bed is actually causing you more problems then you realize and will eventually exacerbate your pain as well as your depression. But only YOU can make the change! If your allready on antidepressants, then your MD might need to adjust the dosage or try a different med. Life is to short to let it pass you by! Get up and tackle it!!!

• advertisement
    edited 12/17/2017 - 9:50 AM

I know David

Its just heat I'm.so sensitive to it, I am staying in my folks house which is 20// most of the time, and it really.does help with my pain I'm sure it relaxes the muscles in my kneck, its taken me a long time to realise when on in pain my kneck is being pulled downwards, into my body.

When my body gets warmer then my kneck seems to ease off, and I'm in much less pain

Warming my legs does ease my pain, I'm in horric pain when I'm at my worst, it feels like I am cut in half, I just cannot function.

It seems to be the only way I can have a almost pain free lifte if I warm up my legs

I'm not in bed al the time I just walked my dog and have been up and down all day today

I'm not depressed I am in pain I take anti del to try to help with angsiety and sleep.

I try to walk most days and give my self tasks.

I told my doc the other day that warming up my legs helps with the pain and she said that's good, I will ask her more about it next time I see her.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to be in bed

Bit I'm starting to think I'm addictied to heating up my legs and I am worried about it :(

I've suffered from this pain for a long time, im just trying my best, I have had a few jobs revoently but I just cannot keep them up.

I was in a care home not so long ago bit o just wanted to be with my family.

I know I will be back there as my parents are getting old now. I feel like I can get this out because I'm in not so much pain. My head is not so cloudy with pain

I'll be honest I really don't know what to do.

I am terrified about it. What do I do?

Thank you

• Jon,

I think you REALLY need therapeutic guidance and perhaps a life coach to help change the direction of your life. Fear seems to rule your thinking and behavior, worrying about it makes it worse and cripples you, leading to more fear, more anxiety, less activity.

Are you aware that inactivity CAUSES circulation problems? Gravity, muscle contraction/relaxation, exercise gets your blood pumping through your body, especially your arms and legs. Exercise/muscle activity circulates blood, which keeps muscles moving, and generates heat/warmth.

You appear to be stuck in a self perpetuating loop, and if you don't take control, change direction, your fears may become your reality.

PLEASE, make appointments with a good psychologist and therapist. They can help guide your thinking, getting anxiety under control and likely help you to take charge and responsibility for your life. You need to be an active participant, not a bystander.

• If not for just yourself, please seek counseling because you also have one-year-old and three-year-old daughters. Do it for them too. You and they deserve a higher quality of life and the opportunity to be independent.

• Amen!

• Jon,

I didn't realize you also have very young children. My suggestion above, regarding getting a therapist and psychologist needs to be followed up on, BECAUSE you have 2 VERY YOUNG CHILDREN and the damage you could be doing to them, their self esteem, belief in themselves being able to take CHARGE of their lives is all being influenced by what they SEE YOU doing or NOT doing.

As the father or mother of young children, YOU ARE the biggest influence in your child's self confidence, self esteem, belief in their ability to overcome obstacles and challenges that life will throw their way.

THEY DESERVE a parent who is providing FOR THEM, involved in their lives, engaged, participating in the things that they will learn and experience.

They SEE you, living in a world of fear, anxiety, worry, angst, incapacity...sadly THEY LIVE IT TOO. You can cripple their growth and development into healthy, well rounded people if you don't take this situation by the horns, put on your pants, shoes and March yourself to help...for your sake, but most importantly, for theirs.

advertisement