Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm in isolation, advice with just staying in bed

advertisement

Comments

• Jonisingt35r,

This discussion has been very interesting to me and while I have not read all of your other posts, I have read this thread. I have many questions which I hope you can answer.

What injury causes your legs to hurt so much? I must have missed the reason.

You said you were in a care center. Why were you in the care center? You said you are not depressed, but state you have tried to kill yourself several times, this requires treatment. I agree with what others have said in that you should get continuing treatment for any mental health problem that you might have, and continuing treatment for any physical conditions you have.

Where is the massive pain? Is the pain physical or psychological? Or a combination of both?

I am, all of us are, on your side.

We can't give advice. We can give suggestions and opinions. My opinion, you are really frightened. I understand this. I am frightened. But I know why I am frightened. I recently had a bad fall and was hurt. I don't want to fall again. This makes me frightened to be out and about and effects my independence.

I have a grandson in his twenties who lives with his mother. He will live with his mother till he dies or she does. He has mental health problems (not depression). He has no life, he has never had a life. But you have. You married, you had kids, and now you have grandkids. You have been an independent, functioning person and can regain some of that ability with help. We all need help. I hope you get some. Keep us posted.

• jonisingt35rjjonisingt35r Posts: 165
    edited 12/20/2017 - 7:39 AM

I have bad sciatic pain right leg, most of the time chest and kneck, I'm.frightened at the moment because I'm.on the edge of pain, on frightened because I can't cope on my own my mum and day are getting old, frigntened because the state I get in.

• advertisement
  • Jonisingt35r, Grtgrandma1 is 100% correct! We’re not here to judge you but to offer advice and suggestions. Start with your private MD and discuss everything that is going on. Between proper medications, counciling, physical therapy, you’ll feel like a new person with a fresh outlook!

• Thank you

• Jon,

As I said in an earlier post, my intent is NOT to hurt you, nor to belittle you. I AM CONCERNED about the road you are heading down.

Sciatica does NOT cause neck pain, nor chest pain. The sciatic nerve runs from your low back through your pelvis and down your leg.

The chest pain could likely be related to your anxiety. Have you consulted with a doctor RECENTLY about your neck and chest pain? What did they say it was? What treatment did the doctor recommend?

While you might not recognize how depressed you appear to be, things you say suggest otherwise. I am not diagnosing you, but instead relying on what you have said here, on these forums. Most of us don't recognize how deeply we can allow ourselves to be effected by our situations, until others point it out.

Given your history of attempts, it IS IMPERATIVE you get back in regular, consistent treatment with therapists and psychiatrists who can ensure you are on the right medications and dosages.

Who diagnosed you with sciatica? What imaging and other tests to confirm that diagnosis were done? Who is treating you NOW for it? When was the last imaging done?

It's important that you follow up with doctors, talk to them about what you can do to get to the best functioning level you can.

• advertisement
  • It’s important to note that sciatica isnt an actual diagnosis but rather a symptom of something else (usually a herniated disc, for people under 50). A bone spur, spinal stenosis and tumors can cause sciatica as well.

• I agree with what everyone is telling you. Sciatica is a symptom. What is your actual diagnosis?

• jonisingt35rjjonisingt35r Posts: 165
    edited 12/21/2017 - 6:49 AM

My.diagnosis was a few of my lower disc were degenerated.. I have had 2 MRIs and a kneck scan all didn't show anything.

I know exactly when I did it I lifted serving very very heavy,.and the next day really bad pain and bottoms of.my feet were knumb.

I do think I have damaged my hips somehow,.as that is where the worst pain is/feels like my right leg is pulling itself up into my body. I.can defiantly feel somerhing moving in my right hip.area.

And of course sciatic pain in backs of my legs.

Warming my legs does help for.some reason.

I get pain all over, both legs. Right hip my chest my kneck and collor bone, my face aometimes I have had episodes where In my right.my vision goes very strange//can't see., the worst pain Is when I can feel my back pulling down on my kneck, it feels like a.disc is moved, sounds weird I'm sure my back is pulling down my knack.

I'm the last couple of days I have been taking naxophine, an anti inflammatory drug from my pain clinic, first time I took it I could feel my right leg really relax something in the.back of it. and a lot less pain in my lower back. It really has made my kneck and shoulder much more free I think, I couldn't rotate it to the left. But after taking that I can now.:) it feels a lot less stiff.

I'm sure I got more pain relief from that than tramadol. I'm trying to use tramadol as little as I can as I don't want to build up tolerance. I would really like to take more pain killers but I'm scared of building up Tolerance to them.I really want to have a convesation with my doc and tell her I want to take these pain meds all the time and stronger ones when I need them

• So you are feeling better that's good, this should allow you to get up and walk around more, less time in bed! Remember the less time in bed the better off you are.

• I brought my granddaughters some presents today :)

advertisement