Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Need advice

hi I had a accident back in 2000 (please don’t judge me I was 24 stone then) on a bus and fall badly on my back and never did anything about it till a couple months later when i suddenly got shooting pains in my lower back went to to the doctors they gave me some tablets to take.

But since 2000 (i have lost loads of weight i am now 16 stone) i have had really bad pains in my lower back and I had a MRI scan 2 years ago and it showed I had a lump on my spine and signs of wear and tear but I was referred to a another Hospital and that’s when they told me it was arthritis from my neck downwards to my lower spine and I had another MRI scan at this hospital and it showed my neck wasn’t right either and my hips aren’t good either I feel like a 80 year old lady in a (38 year old body) so I am on so many tablets for the arthritis and nothing is working

I have now been told I have to have morphine patches and have steroid injections in my hips I struggle so badly and I have had to have a bath seat for when I need a shower cause I can’t have a bath cause I am scared that I will fall I can’t expect my 13 year daughters and my partner help me they both help me get dressed and underdressed every day

I can’t even sleep probably cause either side of my hips hurt and my back hurts all the time

I also found out I have a cyst on my right ovary aswell

I just want to either have surgery on my back or be in a wheelchair

• Hi clarebear2

Welcome to Spine-health

Firstly I want to congratulate you on such an amazing weight loss. Any reduction in weight will take pressure of the spine etc.

Please join in and reply to any posts that interest you to help you meet other members.

I have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules. There is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

Welcome to Spine Health

Spine-Health Moderator

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017