Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

osteoarthritis

Hi I've had chronic pain since Oct of 2015 and been diagnosed with osteoarthritis. No treatments from the pain management center have helped. They are out of ideas so today I went to one of the top arthritis hospitals in Boston. The rheumatologist I saw said there wasn't anything she could do. I asked her if it will only get worse and she said sometimes it stays the same or could even get a little better. I asked how that's possible for a "wear and tear" disease and she said they really don't know yet. This kind of explains why surgery is the very last option. I am blessed that my faith in God will get me through.

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,365
    Anyone dealing with Arthritis should visit our Arthritis-Health site

There are two major types of Arthritis.

Rheumatoid Which is a immune system problem. However, there are medications you can take to control and manage RA.

Osteoarthritis Is the degenerating accelerated type of Arthritis. There is NO cure for OA. The only thing you can hope for is to slow it down. OA will continue to wear down your joints and possibly lead to a bone on bone situation. I had this in both of my shoulders and hips and had to have them totally replaced with implants. My knees are going in that direction to and surgery is expected before 2020.

The only advantage I have had with OA was with my last Laminectomy to correct my severe lumbar spinal stenosis. Originally, the surgeon was going to use rods and screws to stabilize my back. But after looking at several X-Rays, he determined that my spine was already somewhat stable, only because of all the arthritis up and down the spine.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: [email protected]
  • The doctor also told me that there starting to look at chronic inflammations role in osteoarthritis. I also have Raynaud's, depression, chronic cough, ED, and cognitive decline. Now I think it could all be related. I'm not overweight and I eat right but now I think I need to eat even better and exercise more. It seems like that's all I can do. I've been treated for the depression and the ED but they don't know what's causing the cough.

• advertisement
  • Turmeric supplements have helped my OA exercise and eating right I bought a nutra ninji 2 years ago and smoothies have helped me immensely. Strength training may also help keep fighting the good fight you can get through this!