Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone have this symptom?

Ive had sciatica for over a year. I had surgery on l4/l5 in april. I had problems in both legs ankles, and feet before surgery.

After surgery my right leg pain was mostly gone other than alot of numbness from the knee down. Still had alot of trouble with my left leg.

Ive been going through alot of therapy over the last months and as time has gone on i have been getting the pain back in my right leg as well.

Here is the weird one. A couple of weeks ago when I got up from the dinner table at work I suddenly had alot of stabbing pain in several different places in my right leg and hip with alot of pins and needles. The stabbing pain is nothing new Ive experienced this alot. Kinda like being stabbed with a hot iron. The pins and needles are new. This episode lasted about an hour.

Tonight I knelt down to look for a part on the parts shelf and as I stood up the same thing happened again. Way more intense this time. The most intense part was over within 20 to 30 seconds and scared the crap out of me. This time it ran all the way into my low back. felt as if I was being slightly electrocuted as well. I could even feel it in my right side and belly button if that makes any sence.

Anyone else experience this type of pain and sensation?

I did have a epidural steroid injection a couple weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.

advertisement