Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Baastrup's disease, Kissing Spine excruciating pain

Just been dx'd with this with an x-ray. Severe DDD from L1-S1. All of them "demineralized". I assume that means Osteoporosis. At any rate, now waiting for MRI approval. Work comp and they're being very uncooperative (another story), so I am paying out of my own pocket.

Excruciating pain when trying to arise from lying down and even after sitting or reclining. My spine seems to lock up and can take minutes to relax, thus "Kissing". Well, at least I have a partial answer explaining this pain which seems to be escalating at an alarming rate.

Please, anyone who is familiar, tell me of your experience. I am so frightened. Thank-you

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,638
    There is a more that we would like to know. Please read New Member Guideline and Checklist and provide us with some more details about your condition.

I really dont know much about this disorder, but here is what I read about it.
    wikipedia said:

is an orthopedic and radiographic disorder that often occurs in elderly humans. It is characterized by enlargement of the posterior spinous projections of the lumbar spine, with normal intervertebral disc height and neuroforamina. The reason it is referred to as kissing spine is because the posterior spinous processes 'kiss' and touch one another as the individual goes into lumbar extension, for example when flat on their stomach.[1][2] The condition has been seen in humans, canines, particularly with boxer breeds,[3] and certain breeds of horses
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: [email protected]