Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Chronic lower back pain and chronic knee pain insight

Hello I am new here, I posted in the new member section the other day and just got back here to post again.

I am soon to be 36 and have been dealing with chronic knee pain for probably close to 10 years due to loss of cartalidge in both knees, which is very painful. I have also been dealing with chronic lower back pain (mostly) for about 5/6 years. Two years ago I found out I had Scoliosis starting in my mid spine and getting worse as it went down so I generally have lots of pain in my lower back. I did the whole chiropractor thing almost a year, he helped me out quite a bit but it wasn't a complete cure-all. So I have been in Pain Management for a year now, they have me on two Tylenol 3/day and my PCP, has had me on 800 my Ibuprofen for about 2 years now. Almost each day I take two Tylenol 3 and a ibuprofen together and it's usually hit or miss if it helps. Sometimes I get some relief for my back and other days, nothing. Even that combination usually won't even touch my knee pain if they are bad. I just had Trigger point injections in my lower back which is only helping a little. I can feel the pain slowly creeping up again. Also about once a month twords the end of the month my back will get about 10x worse and I can't do anything without it being extremely painful and no meds will touch it at that point. I've tried to explain to the clinic and my providers at pain management but they never want to talk about medication changes because they seem to think my scoliosis and knees aren't bad enough. So I'm hoping to get some good insight on either something to help me when my medication doesn't work or maybe a suggestion for some other type of medication I can maybe suggest that isn't an Opioid that they may go for. Oh and I live in Ohio, which is the worst state for pain medication. Thanks.

• Hi again

This may offer some insight into non-medication suggestions.

The "Blend"

There are lots of ways to approach and each and every member will feel different benefits from different things.

Our dedicated Ron Dilauro wrote the above link to help others.

Spine-Health Moderator

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017