Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Chronic head pain

Hello all

I am 73 years old and is suffering from acute head ache for the last 1year at particular point over my occipital part.I have got it checked from neurologist as well as orthopaedic and had got done ct of my brain and neck in November and MRI last year which shows no problem.But while sitting for 5 minutes and while walking for 5 min I get a sharp pain in my head at particular one point.Neurlogist says that it is muscle spasms and nothing else.Igoet relief only while lying down pain subsides in few minutes.Now neurologist has give me sleeping pill and anti depression medicines.I don't know what to do .Also for the last 5 days iam doing heating of neck muscles with hot water.Kindly suggest what to do

• Is what you are doing helping? If so, I guess I would continue and maybe they will just go away on their own. I have had migraines for the last 25 years and been to every doctor possible with no success whatsoever. I used to be down for 4-5 days at times but pain meds at least help me to get the things done that I absolutely have to do. And, I get to spend time with my grandkids and that is important to me. They are so sweet. They know when I don't feel well because my face swells and my eyes water and get puffy. They will put me on the couch or in bed and give me a fuzzy blanket and their favorite teddy bear to keep me company. There's nothing better than that!

I will pray that these headaches just go away. If not, there really isn't much you can do but treat them when they come on as quickly as you can and if what you are doing isn't helping enough, go back to the doctor and let him try you on something else. Eventually you will find a combo of things, meds included that will make life liveable. If this Doctor doesn't help, go to a different one. I can't tell you how many doctors I went to til I found one that was willing to just keep trying things til something worked. Know that you are not alone in this and I will be thinking about you. Take care.