Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Hi im new!

Hi,

I'm new as the title says. 31yo female.

Ive had pain in my shoulder for 6+ years and people have just kept telling me I had bad posture. I have a 3 month old son and ive been carrying him around a lot and things have recently become worse. I do believe it is possibly a compressed nerve. I have severe shoulder pain but mostly under my arm to my elbow and into my ribcage. I also periodically experience numbess in my right thigh.

After years of asking, I finally have an MRI scheduled for Friday. Which is all fine, however I saw my doctor write on his computer fibroblastic disorder, and upon looking that up on dr google, ive come to find out that this may be a tumor? How can he know that without an MRI?

While googling away, I found this website. Im wondering what the different symptoms between a herniated disk/compressed nerve and a spinal tumor are. I am really terrified it might be much more serious than I thought. Anyone with any knowledge of this, please comment!

advertisement

Comments

• L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 237
    edited 12/18/2017 - 1:48 PM

... I saw my doctor write on his computer fibroblastic disorder, and upon looking that up on dr google, ive come to find out that this may be a tumor?
    I would not read too much into that.

He might suspect Fibroblastic Disorder.

Suspect does not mean that’s your issue.

He probably needs a justification for ordering the MRI.

That’s all.

Don’t sweat it.

Please keep your chin up and keep us posted.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,437

Hello gbenz1
    Welcome to Spine-Health

I had to research fibroblastic disorder as I had never heard of it. I'm glad you have a MRI scheduled. I would want to ask your doctor how he came to that conclusion without a MRI. If it is this, they are mostly benign.
    Since you have researched this, you should be able to list of questions for your doctor.

Please click on the Welcome link below and the Tutorial for more information.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Take care and please keep us posted.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Thank you L4_L5, that is really reassuring to hear. I really do hope thats the case. As i've been told it was just bad posture I really was no expecting to see something like that! And he didnt even mention it!

Thank you memerainbolt. I know he doesnt know that I know, but youre right, it does give me a chance to do some further research and come up with some questions. Most of the tumors are benign, but some can be malignant and that isnt a great rabbit hole to go down. Just need some people to talk me back from the edge lol

Thanks for your comments. I will be on here for a while either way I imagine, so there will be lots of updates.