Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Buttock, Thigh Pain

Hi, i am a 21yo boy from Itlay, i start apologizing for my bad english.

I write on this forum because I can not understand the cause of my buttock-thigh pain. I have always had this problem, since I was a child. The pain start form the buttock and ends in mid-thigh, sometimes on the right leg sometimes on the left leg, but my back does not hurt me at all. The pain manifests when i sitting for a while, when I get up after a while the pain disappears.

I went to various doctors here in Italy, some advised me to take anti inflammatory others to do some massage others still told me that it is due to my growth, since I am 6'3 tall. I tried to get massages but they did not give me any results, the anti inflammatories and the fact that it is due to the growth I excluded them because I have this problem since I was a child.

Afterwards they advised me to do some X-rays and it came out that I have

-Protusion of all the back margin of the L3-L4 disc.

-Protusion of all the back margin of the L4-L5 disc

But the doctors themselves told me that these protrusions are not a problem.

In general all the doctors were very vague in giving me an answer

Undoubtedly I have come to the conclusion that it is a sciatic nerve problem, but also reading various things on the Spine Health website I can not understand what the cause might be.

Not having any pain in the back but only from the gluteus down it is possible to exclude that the pain is due to problems of the disks?

Having the pain once on the right leg and once on the left, is it possessed that it's the piriformis syndrome? (here in Italy on 5 doctors nobody has ever told me about the piriformis syndrome)

How can I find the cause of this pain? With what kind of doctor i have to talk?

I hope with all my heart that someone can help me hoping that this nightmare may end one day.

I thank in advance who will answer.

advertisement

Comments

• Maybe request physical therapy for piraformis syndrome (PS). PT has a high success rate for PS.

After reading your post and where your chief complaints are located, PS sounds more likely the culprit as opposed to a disc issue.

But that’s just my non-medical opinion. Good luck. Please keep us posted.