Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C5-c7 mobi c disc replacement

I had 2 discs replaced 3 weeks ago with the mobi c device. I was having pain and weakness down my right arm, numbness in pointer finger and thumb and atrophy in my tricep. I'm pain has subsided but now I'm wondering when my muscle will come back. It was about 2 months before surgery from onset of symptoms. I'm a carpenter/ body builder and are very anxious for my body to get back to normal. Is there anyone who has similar nerve issues and how long for nerves to come back?

advertisement

Comments

• Hi reusspete

Welcome to Spine-health

You may find the November or December Surgery Buddies group helpful (under Forum Topics)

Everybodys condition is different, so only your surgeon can give you clear guidelines about recovery, linked to your symptoms before surgery.

Nerves do not like being trapped and also object strongly to surgery. They are the tortoise of the healing world, so patience is needed.

Stick to your surgeons recommendations for post op care and the rest will follow in time.

I have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules. There is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

Welcome to Spine Health

AJ

AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • Hello reuspete, I am an electrician and had C5-C6 surgery with the mobi-c October 17th of this year. I was doing good till about the 8 week mark which was less than a week ago. At 6 weeks the surgeon said go back to normal life and work slowly, so I cleaned the garage and some other light stuff. No lifting of anything heavy and nothing crazy with my neck. Next day some of my symptoms had slowly returned and every day since they are still there. I would recommend taking it very slow. I was also in shape until the triceps and bicep pain started and the arm numbness. Everyone I have talked to and the reading I have done says it’s gonna be awhile before manual labor will be back to normal. Nerves have to heal.

• advertisement
  • Hey sparky, thanks for sharing I know I need to be patient with healing. I'm just not used to not be able to do my normal activities and working hard.