Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Serious Groin Pain

This is my first time writing to this site for the sole reason I am out of ideas and don't know what to do. I am hoping that someone out there has experienced what I am going through and point me in the right direction because the thoughts I'm having now are not where I want to be. I am a 60 year old male that has had this undiagnosed pain in my groin and testicles region for over 15 years now. The pain is so bad and out of control that 10 years ago I had a Medtronic pain pump inserted in my stomach with leads that run to my spine. In conjunction with that I have an external transmitter that I use to give myself additional dosages of meds every 90 minutes of which I use the maximum allowance of 8 times a day. My pump has very high concentration of meds that include Fentanyl, Clonidine & Hydromorphone. This has been going on now for so long now that I am the stage of just giving up. I have been to so many doctors and ones in practically every field. The tests that have all run over the years you would have thought by now they could have figured this out. I have been to the best doctors in NYC to the Mayo Clinic who surprising to my family refused to take me on as a patient. I have come to believe that they only take on patients they knowingly can help to keep up their reputation as a top medical facility.

So here I go again through a new set of new doctors in the hope of finding just one who has help someone with a condition like me. Previously living near NYC we now reside in Jacksonville, FL as I was hoping the weather change would be good for me. It's been over a year now and although on a whole I feel the doctors are more caring down here. The results are the same.

I could write on forever but since this is my first time, I am only testing the waters to see if anyone else has experienced such a thing. I am at the point of being totally depressed and tired of dealing with it.

Thanks,

Jim

advertisement

Comments

• Hello,

I know what you are going through and its very very painful. I think you may have Geniteformal Nerve Neuralgia. My son 21 the same symtoms as you do. Severe testicular pain, groin, pelvic and scrotum.

Symptoms are a nightmare and people do NOT understand at all. Testicular pain, Groin, Pelvic, throbbing stabbing shooting pain, spasms .

I am so worried to know you have been going through this for 10 years now.

We are very depressed too that more doctors do not know about this or even offer to help. I can recommend someone to you in Viriginia that DOES treat this condition.

We are looking for help as well its been very hard. I happen to get on here to look for help and saw your post. I dont get on here much so not sure if you can send me a private message. I can forward the doctor name to you.

Thanks and sorry I am not more of a help to you

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,365

This is just a stab in the dark. I was being treated for what we all believe to be a groin strain at physical therapy for about 6 months.

Nothing was helping, so my doctor suggested another doctor to examine me. 5 minutes into the exam, he said that the problem was not from my groin, but from my hips.

Sure enough, X-rays later, one of my hips was totally replaced. That groin pain disappeared.

Again, I am just saying.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: [email protected]
  • advertisement
  • To begin with, Welcome to Jacksonville! Born and raised here! There are multiple good Hospitals here such as Mayo, Baptist,St Vincent’s. Baptist JOI is excellent! If you ever need advice, just yell, I know the area well! And welcome to the best spinal web site there is!

• I too have been dealing with groin pain but not some much in the personal areas. I have had multiple injections in the Pudendal nerve. The stuff I read about the Pudendal nerve shows symptoms like what you are experiencing. I just had a spinal cord stimulator implanted and still dealing with the groin pain and down the left leg. Lyrica is the only thing helping so far and I don't like taking it. Good luck and hope you get relief soon.

TLIF L4-S1 2007 TLIF L3-L4 2008 TLIF L2-L3 2016
advertisement