Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Occipital cervical fusion to c4

Hi having surgery in 7 days.Anyone on the recovering end? Wondering what life after can be? Thank you

advertisement

Comments

• i can only tell you my story but im fused from C0 to C7, most of the horror stories let up to the surgery, so if you are interested check out my posts in this forum I'm piperbill life is good and im two years out now and doing well, I drive, i am employed as a power plant mechanic full time and im now 71 years old. i have zero range of motion and have to turn from the shoulders down and cannot look down or up which make for some interesting challenges but all do able. virtually pain free and enjoying life. feel free to ask for information but know that each of us is different and i feel very good about what happened to me. take care piperbill

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    edited 12/24/2017 - 9:47 AM

piperbill's fusion may reflect your outcome better than what my ROM is. I was fused from C3 to C6 back in 2007 and had a posterior revision from C2 down to T3 in 2014. Stayed working after my recoveries, very active keeping fit and maintaining core strength. I do have a fair amount of ROM but that probably is because my occipital is not fused "yet". That is probably the "game changer" and the difference of the movement between piperbill and I. He is definitely an inspiration to everyone going into a cervical spine fusion journey.

Ranger

• advertisement