Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain after 6 weeks surgery

had my surgery November 8- 17

Cage l5 and fusion l5- S1, replaced 2 screws L3-4 still having pain going to my left leg, pain is mostly next to the incision, I presume where is the fusion the pain is. I walk inside and no lifting or bending, twisting . Seen my surgeon on the 18 December took X-rays and said everything seems to be ok and with time will be better and send me home no restrictions and will see me in 3 months. Is it normal to have pain sitting and short walks.

Thank you would like to have advise

Guy

Guy Leclerc
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,437

Guy

This seems to be very common. Depending on how long, and how bad, your nerves were compressed before surgery, can have an effect for a while. No one can put a time limit on it, 6 weeks to 6 months, even longer.
    The key is patience and keep walking. I have sciatica in my left hip and runs down my leg and I am limited pretty much to walking indoors. And I do, but I walk and stretch, walk and stretch. If it gets too bad I put an ice pack on my hip.

Hang in there, it will get better with time.
    Merry Christmas

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my Medical History