Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Please help!!!!!

So this is going to be kind of long but I have no where else to turn and I need advice. I am a 30 year old female. I have ddd, axonal neuropathy, stenosis, and chronic pain. I have had a microdisectomy on my L4-L5, many many injections, nerve root stimulator trial (which ended horribly), pain pump trial and then finally the permanent pain pump placement. I had my pain pump put in May 17th, 2017. The first 4 months were amazing!!!! I had no pain and was back to my energetic self!!!! About 2 months ago I went to sleep and woke up and had the most horrible nerve pain going down my leg. I made a doctors appt at my pain management place where they told me to get a ct scan. I went back and the doctor asked me if I had been into an accident because I had a new pretty large hernia room which was pressing on my sciatic nerve causeing my leg pain. I told him no I went to sleep and woke up like this. I got referred to a neuro surgeon and he told me I needed to get nerve testing done and I needed to get the cd for the ct scan I had done in the emergency room. So here’s where my problem comes in. I go back to my pain management because I have been in excruciating pain for 2 months now and he isn’t saying that they can’t do anything for my pain because it’s nerve pain from a new injury!?!?!?!?! I feel as if I’ve been running in circles. I can’t get the nerve study done until mid January so I know I won’t have surgery until a month after that. I’m just shocked and appalled that they are saying they can’t do anything for my pain when it’s a pain management place!!!! Has anyone run into this? Is there anything I can do? My quality of life is horrible and I just feel hopeless and like I’m not getting any help. Any suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks guys

advertisement

Comments

• Comes a time when you need to skip the PM MD and go to your primary for a referral to a neurosurgeon!

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,437

Hello sperez
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Maybe I'm missing something, but have you checked your contract with your PM doctor to see if it says anything about new"injuries"? If not, I would at least make another appointment and have him clarify his answer a little better.

Please click on the Welcome link below and the Tutorial for more information to help you navigate the forum better.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Take care and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my Medical History
  • advertisement
  • I'm with David on this one! Go to Primary Care Doc and see if they will work it up as a new injury. Your PM has certain steps they have to follow for insurance as does ER docs and primary Care docs.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2