Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Coming off of meds

i have been on 30mg morphine er for 12 yrs. Also gabapentin 900 mg morning and 1200mg at night. I need to get a partime job so I quit vote cold turkey ..... don’t try it. I felt like I was loosing brain function with gaba but when I quit it I developed restless legs and burning feet and quoting one of them make it so I cannot sleep. About once a week I will stay up for30 hours straight. After telling my Dr. what I had done he gave me hydrocodonevery 6hours then he said wein off that. I have now stopped those an now gone back to 900 mg at night to sleep. I am my own worse enemy. I think I should llisten to my DR. Terrible Dec.

advertisement

Comments

• Bigoldman those are meds you need to be tapered off under medical supervision. With the growing war on Opiods, there’s going to be a bunch of others as well.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,432

Hello bigoldman!
    Welcome to Spine-Health

I will tell you the same thing as David did, taper off gradually under your doctor's supervision. Yes, you are your own worst enemy. But I would like to know why you keep putting yourself through this?
    Last Jan. I had a pain pump implanted. The surgeon said quit taking everything you are on because the morphine will take over. I worked with my PM doctor to gradually ween me off of everything. He also slowly got me off Fentanyl patches.

Why have you been on morphine for 12 yrs?

Please click on the Welcome link below as well as the Tutorial to help you get started on the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Take care and please let us know how you are doing.
    Merry Christmas!

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Let me just say I understand. It is not easy, and it is very frustrating. Hang in there. You are not alone. DavidG hit it on the nail. There are going to be a lot more of us.

• The war on opioids’ greatest victims are legitimate chronic pain patients. My PM doc. who had agreed on a maintenance plan that enabled me to at least make it through a day of work has now aggressively tapered me (below medically acccepetd standards like those the DoD developed for the pure sake of getting rid of me and the headaches and red tape the gov’t has imposed. Punish the diverters not the legit patients like those of us who have multiple major surgeries and a multitude of other treatments that have failed. Disgraceful grandstanding.

• As much as I try to avoid the pain meds im prescribed, (family history of kidney issues all over the place) I cannot make it through the day without them. As dangerous as these meds are, Chronic pain and the spiral of anxiety and heart issues brought on by the pain should also be considered. Ive never so much as been in a fight my whole life but after a few years of pain I was lashing out at everyone and everything all of the time. I thought I was schizophrenic at one point. Until they legalize natural alternatives (never triedthem) most of us are pretty much chained to these big pharma solutions. These worn out parts arent growing back as we age.

• advertisement
advertisement