Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C 7 impingement

Merry Christmas! I am a 53 yr old man. About 18 months ago I injured my C7 disc by doing a simple task. I was a bodybuilder, power lifter and dirt biker. The pain started to radiate in my trapezius near deltoids. I had multiple MRIs, I have weakness in my upper body. Also I now have carpal tunnel syndrome in both hand. I drop thing due to the numbness, and some tasks I can no longer do. About 6 months ago my voice started getting hoarse and now it's worse . Sometime I sound like Mickey Mouse. I have seen ENT, Endocrinologist, and had multiple EMGs. Since I have no thyroid issue, or ENT issue. I relate this issue with the C7 issue. I am doing my own traction hanging from a sheet behind my head at the doorknob. Just started not sure if it safe a friend lended my the idea. I want my voice back, hands too and my upper body strength. I am a veteran land I use the VA

advertisement

Comments

• Mauljames, I normally check this site every morning and today your post worries me the most. I’m close to your age, used to be as active as well but right now, your doing 2 of the most dangerous things you can ever do. #1 self diagnosing #2 trying to decompress your spine by hanging from a sheet!! Traction used by physical therapy is a special device that do not involve the muscles! 2 things will happen, you WILL make the injury worse or you take the chance of even paralysis or even death! PLEASE get a appointment with a ortho or neuro and let them diagnose what’s going on. Please stop hanging from a sheet!! I can’t stress that enough!!

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,437

Hello mauijames!
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Just because someone else hangs from a sheet does not mean you or anyone else should. I understand you are using the VA and getting in is a nightmare but you need a professional diagnosis before you make matters worse. What kind of "injury" did you do to your C7 disc? Have you ever had a MRI?

Please click on the Welcome link below as well as the Tutorial to help you get started on the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Please keep us posted onhow you are doing.
    Merry Christmas!
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my Medical History
  • advertisement