Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

No mobility.. ER? No meds please.

I am 43, having a severe flare up. Herniated disk. L3 maybe?...i dont remember. It's been 3 days, and each day it gets worse. Right now it takes me about 15-20 minutes to get out of bed to use the bathroom. And just as much time to get back in. I'm 900 miles from home in a hotel. In town here for work. Right now I fear it will keep getting worse and I won't be able to get up. And I'm alone. I don't want any meds. Well,...im taking ibuprofen. The last time I had a flare up like this, it was about 2 years ago.it was about of a week before I could walk. I just don't know what to do. Geez...im a mess.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,433

Hello Ericdoubleu!
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Oh my!! You are in a mess. Have you tried Ibuprofen? Or a heating pad? Is there any way you could call your doctor?
    When I have a flareup I always know it's inflammation, call my PM doctor and he calls in a steroid pack.
    While you are waiting on other members to reply, please click on the Welcome link below as well as the Tutorial to get you started using the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my Medical History
  • Eric, I feel for you, Like Sandra advised, call your MD and see what he/ she can do. If not a ER might be your only alternative

• advertisement
  • Your health comes first

Jobs are great jobs are needed...your health? You only have one..once and take care of it best you can.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• catapamcatapam AustriaPosts: 157

You need anti-inflammatory drugs. Ibuprofen is a bit weak for a flare up so you should take more. Check your doctor or farmacist

Heat or Ice pads are helpful

Try different positions in bed. Do not lie in same position all the time.

I found useful, while in flare-up to sit on my belly with a pillow under my chest for 10-20 min having a cold pack in painful area

I repeat this at every 2 hours

Be careful how you get off from bed. You need to be on your side then lift your upper body pushing with hands

Google for such tips

• Hi Eric, hope you are better. I am having the same problems but can only be in a lying position. Did reach my clinic ( on New Year's eve) and they called in Rx for steroid pack...hoping that will work. Did that work out for you?

• advertisement
advertisement