Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Response to discussion

Thanl you both for responding to my discussion. I will cease the home traction. I have a broad base disc bulge at C7 my primary care has refered me to a neuro sergeon. Thank you both, james

advertisement

Comments

• James, no need for Thanks! Your among family! Your story reminded me of someone who I once knew, Raced a KX400, tried a inversion table, went to the gym 5 days a week and ended up with a failed fusion of C-5 through C-7 and will be facing a posterior revision shortly of C-4 through C-8. It cost him his career and a lot of things he once enjoyed! I think you allready know who I’m talking about! Keep us posted!

• David, how many scenarios have you heard of that cervical injuries cause voice problems? I hoping the VA allows me to use the Choice program, james

• advertisement
  • James, I don’t know how old your last MRI was, but I’m sure they will order a new one. There are a few things that can cause voice changes. Insure you tell your MD about that

• My last MRI within 60 days

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 274

@mauijames - In reference to your question about voice changes, how much time has it been since the surgery or trauma?

I had a cervical fusion at C3/C4 in March of 2014 and 20 months later started experiencing swallowing and voice issues. At first, the ENT doctor thought from her tests that some nerves at the incision had been severed and never regenerated. Later, she changed her mind and is currently blaming the massive fishhook osteophyte growing off the bottom of my C4 vertebrae. That osteophyte is scheduled to be removed in my upcoming C4/C5 ACDF. I hope that clears my swallowing and voice issues.

• advertisement
advertisement