Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Electrical Shock Injury in ‘12 w/ Whole Body a Big Mess

Summer of 2012 at work, sweaty (body wet) while standing on solid metal safe (security posts past slab I was informed afterwards), and when I stood upright, a hot wire came in contact in my neck/shoulders (traps) until tripping a breaker. Over the past 5yrs I’ve dealt with multiple and random issues from pain in whole back of course from the strains, but waking up with arms and legs pointing towards the ceiling. At night going to bed I will feel a tense pain until noticing something random would be flexed like my neck, holding my head off the pillow an inch, or my legs holding my feet up, barely touching the bed. Walking around nearly 3yrs with my neck contracted. Anytime I leaned over or done any movements with my arms even to text, I’d have burning in the shoulder blades to where I nearly had to lay down! Constantly going through lidocaine patches quicker than my uncle Leroy’s napkins at a bbq. Waking up shaking with tremors (felt like seizures) like I was getting electrocuted, or random sharp pains in different areas of my body. At the 2yr mark, hearing seemed haywire, because I thought I left a radio on, went to the living room where it was sounding from, but it wasn’t, only a fan was on, so I turned it off and still heard it vaguely as before but couldn’t make sense of any words (no neighbors), and randomly happened often afterwards until my ears started ringing, and actually doing it right now. This past year my ears started having episodes of being temporarily very sensitive. For about a minute on random, both ears will have a slight pain with pressure and everything has to be turned down or off to reduce the irritation. There are so many things I can go on about with this, but I’m looking for relative issues with others as they are problems either way an accident happens. I know my autoimmune system is wacky, nerve damage is not too fried from the tests although it’s all damaged still. The past several months, I’ve had limited walking/standing until my legs/calves/hamstrings/etc start feeling fatigued, then if I don’t sit to rest awhile, they will feel exhausted like I’ve walked in hills all day. When I then am able to sit, my legs will throb bad, and often it will do that until the next morning (12hrs roughly). Soaking in epsom salt, meds, etc don’t stop it either, so I’ll normally plan 2-3hrs of whatever daily, but it’s tough to not get out since I’m a constantly moving minded person and can’t sit to watch tv hardly ever. Pain don’t come until taking weight off, when walking awhile some irritation is there, but with the other pains as well, I’ll forget and ignore it at times, so that will result in no sleep that night. Any others with known resolutions would be a great help! Thanks. PS. I’ve been to John Hopkins a couple times but can’t travel over a couple thousand miles anymore!

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,437

Hello cmg!
    Welcome to Spine-Health on Christmas Day!!

I read where you've had tests and have seen doctors but what are they saying? Has anyone given you a definite diagnosis of anything? And (sorry for all of the questions) is your pain being managed?
    I've never had any experience or knowledge of something like this but maybe other members will pitch in.

Please click on the Welcome link below and Tutorial to help you get started on using the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Take care and please keep us posted, I would like to know more about this.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my Medical History