Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Multi level spinal fusion T3 thru L5

I had T3 thru L5 spinal fusion with rods 3 weeks ago. Was wondering if anyone else has had multi levels done and what to expect during this recovery phase. I had severe adult idiopathic scoliosis. Been putting this surgery off for a couple of years, but it got t where I couldn't. Wait any more. Any advice would be appreciated. Thx.

advertisement

Comments

• Hi jbraswell

Welcome to Spine-health

There have been a number of members with multi level fusion. One that springs to mind is @WLLady and she wrote all about her recovery.

There are also Surgery Buddies groups you could link to. Just click on Surgery Buddies listed under Forum Topics and introduce yourself to the group for December. You can link with any group, so you could link with January at the end of the month as well to help other members with information in the led up to their surgeries.

I have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules. There is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

Welcome to Spine Health

AJ

AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 427

Hiya just saw this-i have posted my entire recovery in the scoliosis section-my scoliosis parts 1 2 and 3....please have a read!!

Its a long recovery. Two steps forward one back. Patience is needed!!! And physio really helped after 3 months of being super careful....

In the scoliosis section there are a few of us with long fusions-rae, ranger, me...a few others i am just blanking on names....we are all posting over there...drop by!!! And let us know how you are doing!!

Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, decompressions, facet joints removed. cages L4-5, L5-S1, rods, screws, scoliosis reduced to 0*.
    June 2015: Inflam facet arthrosis L1-S, pars fractures L5 and L2, 70* lateral scoliosis with 110* rotational scoliosis on reduction, facet cysts with nerve impingements bilaterally L2-3, L3-4, L4-5, spinal stenosis L2-L4

• advertisement
  • Yes, I had a multi-level fusion Li-S1 and TLIF 12/13/17. Also from degenerative scoliosis, and I also put it off for the last few years (while I tried everything else). I'm glad I did it, but the recovery has been no picnic! Now in week 6 and things are much improved. My curve has been reduced from 30% to 10% and I'm almost an inch taller!