Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Debilitating heel pain - Advice please

• Haven't been on the forum for a while. Thought I would update. Regarding the heel pain....I finally begged enough and was able to get an MRI of my foot. I too have plantar fasciitis. I also have several inflamed tendons and a bone spur on my heel. I also had a new MRI of my back and the herniation is back and worse than before in the surgery spot. I am having my second discetomy next week. I am also scheduled for physical therapy and a podiatrist appointment next week for my foot. I went to see a naturopath last week who prescribed a topical for my foot that is helping a lot. Hoping the surgery doesn't aggravate my foot. I'm pretty sure that the plantar fasciitis and tendonitis issues are separate from my back (had a bad ankle sprain a while back) but I'm wondering if there could be any correlation between the disc issue and the problems with my foot. Hope you all are finding some relief.
  • Kathleen
    I had a very strange issue with my left foot feeling like it was in a meat grinder .
    We did everything to find out what was wrong with my foot.
    This may in no way relate to your foot issues but mine turned out to be scar tissue in the thoracic part of my spine. Never would have thought that. Never give up and never take no for a answer. There is more if my information under SCS treatments under a thread called medtronics scs vs a Boston scientific scs.

Hope you get help
  • advertisement
  • Thanks, Rick. I am really glad this surgery will be performed by a neurosurgeon. Last time my surgeon was a orthopedic. With all the nerve issues I have going on, I think it is the right move. I am so hoping to come out of surgery and feel relief in the foot.
  • kathleenkkathleen Posts: 28
    edited 12/23/2013 - 4:25 PM
    Hi all -
    Had my second back surgery on 12/16. Foot feels about the same. It's hard to tell - the foot drop might be slightly better. The foot pain has been better since I had the injection into the plantar fascia area. I am doing physical therapy twice a week where they are performing graston therapy on the posterior tibial tendon (where I have tendinopathy) and plantar fascia. Hoping that with the physical therapy and the back surgery, I hope I will being doing a lot better in a couple of months. I would encourage any of you with heel/foot pain to get a foot MRI. It's possible that spine issues have caused you to change your gait which can mess up tendons.
  • I experience foot pain pretty constantly and have struggled to find shoes that would help me alleviate the pain. Well, i have to say that I have found them. They fit well. They have reduced my heel pain as well as my fasciitis symptoms. I can walk much easier and longer now . So happy I got these shoes! orthofeet do the job!

• advertisement
  • DavidGDavidG Posts: 10
    edited 12/26/2017 - 8:20 PM

Swelling to your abdomen as well as to both ankles and feet? This you definitely need to bring to the attention of your MD!! What medications are you on? Any dieretics ( water pills ) ?when you take your index finger in press in to your lower legs, does the impression stay for a bit? Please keep us informed!