Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Arthritis?

QuazzieQQuazzie Posts: 4
edited 07/20/2016 - 6:14 PM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
hi, iv been on here so I will give a brief description of my history but I have new symptoms I was wanting advice on, I had L3/4 spinal fussion 13 years ago and suffered chronic pain for years in my upper back as well as lumbar and was then diagnosed with a t4-6 arachnoid cyst with compression of the spinal cord, I also have c6 small bulge disc and bone spurs (osteophytes) at c2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6. About 4 months ago I done something to my s1-2 disc and took 5 weeks to recover then I went to a barbie where I stood for several hours which then started this problem again taking a furthe 3 weeks to recover, in the mean time I woke up one night with my left hand swollen twice its size with pain at the end joints in my fingers next to my nails, the next night my right hand done the same and then every night since both hand have swelled with pain, I can't pick anything up or squeeze shower gel bottles etc, I also then started with pain in my shoulders, elbows, knees with right knee severe, hips and feet, iv been getting wrestles legs which is awful and burning pain right through my body, chronic fatigue and depression, these joints arnt swollen but are warm to touch and I have the coldest hands and feet in the world but not at the moment, iv been to my docs and had blood tests for R A, but they've come back clear and waiting now to see a rhumetologist, has anyone had similar symptoms that could shed some light on, also this is happening every night and still continuing at present, sorry for going on but I hope someone can help, thank you in advance xx
Caroline hopkinson
advertisement

Comments

• I just want to add that my body has become so stiff also, when I get up in the mornings it takes me hours for the stiffness to ease, I try to keep busy and by late afternoon if I sit or lie down even for a few minutes it comes back again, I also can't kneel as its to painfull x
    Caroline hopkinson
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello...
    I have never been candidate for surgery, so I can't speak to that.
    But you mention arthritis, so I wanted to bring to your attention..our sister site, arthritis-health.com.
    The link is conveniently located on right of page.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • Quazzie, perhaps you should see a neurosurgeon who specializes in spine conditions. Have you had an MRI done? That would reveal very much.
  • This is an old post but I hope you have found some treatment and you're now doing well. You may also want to read on microcirculation therapy to prevent further complications. Take care.
advertisement