Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

CMC surgery

Would like to know who all have had this since I'm getting ready to....Arthritis has eatin the bone up now it has to go! Thanks hope to hear from those who know about this..

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,633
    You can search on CMS surgery here and find a number of medical articles talking about it. One thing I have read about carpometacarpal surgery is that you want to try ever possible conservative treatment before you have the surgery.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: [email protected]
  • Thanks Ron....What's happened to me is about 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis....Didn't think it would go thru my whole body but noticed about 3 yrs ago my hands were going numb then pain at night...Had Carpal tunnel surgery on the rt hand this week...Have to go back to get the left one done! Then I've been advised to wait till end of summer for the CMC surgery....I've had pain killers injections and can't say how many over the counter rubs and other treatments! The Dr showed me the bone that had to be removed it is ate up....I figure this is all I can do.....Can't go a day without pain...
  • advertisement
  • Hi ya'll I'm a step away from the surgical implant also, dr just did two spinal blocks that gave me a couple weeks of relief..he said he will do another procedure when I'm back at square one where the pain has me almost out of my mind..than if that doesn't work the implant..I have met a women who says it helped her..I'm like everyone else here..work related injuries did me in..I'm on disability and because of the spine every other body part is falling apart piece by piece..I never imagined after working all my life that the golden years would be like this..I'd much rather still be working but I guess that's life for a lot of us..one bright spot is this blog..it helps to know I'm not alone..best wishes to better days ahead for us all..