Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

2 failed epidural injections. What's next? Post your experiences

• Herrick9 Luckily I've met my deductible and out of pocket so I don't think they'd make a big deal about it. I will definitely see if my new pain doctor can order it. I guess I might as well do everything I possibly can, right? Thanks for your reply.

• I had about 1/2 of my injections done in a surgical center or hospital and I was out. Big co-pays. Now my PM doctor does them awake in one of their offices. Just valium before I show up. The last one (RFA) I didn't budge at all and the doctors said that nobody sits that good. Once you got 20 or more under your belt, you know what to expect.

Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • advertisement
  • LTee43 oh wow you're brave for doing that. I would be so afraid.

• I had my SI injection done on Monday. Had about 20-40% relief for a few hours. Tuesday am wasn't in a lot of pain but throughout the day the pain came back. I have a desk job so sitting is the worst for me. Still experiencing pain in my belt line area and the very top right part of my glutes. I'm really hoping to get full relief soon. I really don't know what it feels like anymore to sit and not be in pain. I don't wish that feeling upon anyone and it shouldn't be taken for granted. I meet my pain doctor in 2 weeks to go over results and what not. Will keep you all updated. Hope you guys are doing great! Take care :)

• That is a bummer when the injections don't work. They inject in a local anesthetic so all you may get is a day or so of relief. I sit too much too but try to move around all day when possible.

Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • advertisement
  • Hi. I'm Janice from Florida.. I have had back surgery... My pain is spinal cord damage.. I had epidurals.. Didn't help at all. I had nerve blocks, that only lasted 2 weeks, but the relief was a blessing.. I am going to have the RFA soon.. I hope the will do the nerve block diagnosis first. Wish you much luck.

• LTee43 UGH it's so frustrating. literally it drives me nuts. I just want to be able to sit at work for more than 30 minutes with no problem. I almost feel like if I had took off a few days and just stayed in bed it would help but unfortunately I have to work lol.

• cosey Epidurals are basically useless if you don't have the traditional back spasms that most people do and they're so lucky if they get relief. I thought this was going to help me. It's been a week already and NOTHING. Where are you having the RFA?

• AkiraAAkira Redlands, CAPosts: 82

Ms. Benson, patience give it some time, just a few more days and you will sense a change. Good luck.

• Akira I sure hope so! Thanks :)