Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Osteoarthritis of the neck vs Degenerative disk diease

Is there a difference? Or is it considered the same. I've also been told spondylicous disorder. I'm assuming their all the same. Each Dr call it something different.lol.
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,365
    Here are some details

Cervical Osteoarthritis

Degenerative Disc disease

As you read those articles, you will see that the two are different. For starters, there is no cure for osteoarthritis. All we can hope to do is manage the pain. DDD is essentially the normal aging of our spines.

Alsmost everyone by the time the reach 30 will show some signs of DDD, but many people never suffer from OA
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: [email protected]
  • Hi LHN1968
    Sorry to hear you are dealing with this, I am just starting to really get in and learn about the difference too with other health and spine issues I have not learned a whole lot and I agree it is confusing. Ron gave us some great information so the best thing we can do to help ourselves is to become educated.
    It can creep up on you like I have had some pain and numbness in my hands and fingers over the past years but then last year my thumb started to jerk with the worst pain yuck. I saw a Orthopedic Surgeon got some x-rays and there it was Osteoporosis and joints were so damaged I was shocked. He said I would have to have them replaced soon. I got a injection boy that hurt but helped and he told me you can have it and never have pain but all the sudden it will rear it's ugly head and pain.
    I do have Arthritis of the spine and other areas one thing I do know is there are so many ways to try to lessen the pain or flares. Inflammation is a huge factor so eating the right foods, walking, stretches on and on will help.
    I wish you the best let us know what you find out and how you are doing alright.
    Take care Sherri

• advertisement