Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published, your email address is available to anyone on the internet, including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Spinal Conditions and Arthritis

How many members have arthritis of some form of the spine? Arthritis is the most common cause of low back pain.
Osteoarthritis can cause bone spurs that puts pressure on nerves.
Or RA, rheumatoid arthritis? It can also affect the facet joints in the spine, causing pain, and in some cases destruction of the joints.

If you put your cursor on Spine-health at the top left of the page, it will show our sister sites, Arthritis-Health, Sports-Health and Osteoporosis.com
These sites, just like Spine-Health, have all the articles and videos for your research.
If there is not a discussion started on what you would like to talk about, please start one.

Spine-Health Moderator
Please read my Medical History

• Hi Sandra
    I have not got over to the other Forums yet but will do for sure since two of those are some of my "stalkers". So much super information it just takes time to go over all of it and like here I know I will find some stuff to help me plus maybe I can help others :).
    Thanks for letting us know Sherri

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561

I have arthritis from a life of sport injuries, some misdiagnosed injuries that caused compensation for to long and just getting older. It can be a very confusing diagnosis because my herniation's and an annular tear have been called DDD or wear and tear by doctors in past. What constitutes wear and tear vs injury damage? Are an accumulation of mini-injuries leading to arthritis the same as a big injury that leads to that same arthritis ? Can be a confusing subject.

Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,633

No question about Arthritis being a confusing subject. Especially when there are major, major differences between Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis.

The classic OA is generally a situation when the cartilage wears down and you have a bone on bone situation. But like you say, is that a result of

• Old Age (wear and tear)
    • Sports Injuries (wear and tear for a different reason than old age)
    • Spinal Surgeries (just one of the by products of spinal surgery)

I luck out, because my can be contributed to all 3.

For all members

I strong suggest that everyone take a look at both Arthritis-Health and Sports-Health forums. (You can easily access that from clicking on the links at the top of the left side of the page) You will have to register there for a member names. It can be the same and use the same password as you do on Spine-Health

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: [email protected]