The injection technique involved in prolotherapy requires skill and care on the part of the physician. Training and experience are important.
Additional Injections Info:
Possible side effects may last a few days to a couple weeks and include:
- Intense pain and stiffness
- Allergic reaction
In This Article:
- Prolotherapy and Chronic Back Pain
- What is Prolotherapy Treatment for Chronic Back Pain?
- What Are Current Indications for Prolotherapy?
- Potential Risks and Complications of Prolotherapy
Reports of more serious complications have been rare, but could include:
- Spinal fluid leak
- Permanent nerve damage or paralysis